We were tasked with helping a team of engineers boost their creative confidence. There was a desire for refreshed innovative thinking in order to stay ahead of changing business needs. The team wanted to collaborate better, benefit from each others' creativity and encourage idea sharing.
How the magic happened
We designed a week-long immersive journey focused on creativity, comprising of five core workshops:
- Inner belief: to ignite self-confidence in creative abilities
- Power of Perception: the power of seeing things from different perspectives
- Unlock Your Mind: Let go of biases and assumptions that block innovation
- Unleash Imagination: ideation tools and techniques
- Deepen Communication: finishing the week by boosting communication superpowers!
Between these sessions, the team were given quests: reflections, further reading and tasks designed to embed the key learnings of each workshop. We designed a Miro board where the team collaborated and interacted, recording their quests as the week progressed.
- Redefining old self-beliefs and create new ones
- Understanding the glitches and gaps of the brain that bypass important information
- Using creative ideation tools including the How Now Wow Matrix and Blend, Bend, Break to prevent familiar ideas becoming the only ideas
- Recognising the fears block creativity